Thursday, January 13, 2005

Horrors!

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/focus/story/0,6903,1386262,00.html

The next grand cinematic project of director Oliver Stone was to have been his long-cherished ambition to adapt The Fountainhead by philosopher-novelist Ayn Rand - a book that argues all real achievement is the product of individual ability and effort.

Horrors! I love Ayn Rand- and I don't think I like Oliver Stone. I think I saw one of his movies once, and didn't care for it- and from what I understand he has a very left-wing perspective so how he would pervert Ms. Rand's vision is too horrible to be contemplated. He could, of course, cast Kevin Costner as Howard Roark which would totally destroy her ideals- errrk, it would be worse than the abomination that was The Haunting. They took a wonderful book and trashed it.

Here's another horror, courtesy of Erin Malloy of the Eurythmics list-
Can you imagine if rock stars

from OUR generation had stink water? Celibacy by Morrissey...Melancholia by
Robert Smith...Ambiguity by Annie Lennox...Absurdity by Bjork...
What about Hirsute, for Poison- what band/singer could you pick for the perfumes:  
Malice; Antipathy; Camaraderie; Improvident;  Equivocation;  Sophistry;  Chimera (that would
also make a good name for a car)  

Now, it's up to Ed to imagine what these things would smell like-
The ultimate horror occurred earlier this week- I was passing the principal
in the hall in the morning and she asked me, Mr. Thomas, did I sleep 
with you last night?  I was rather surprised and said no ma'am and went
on- And I thought about this the rest of the day, because I couldn't understand what 
she was getting at.  Then I decided she had made a Freudian slip and intended
instead to ask me - did I SPEAK with you last night?  So the next day I asked her
did she need to speak with me- and she said she didn't, so I am still
unsure, yet horrified. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home