Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Ola Rides Again

We have been having more problems with the neighbours recently; that one woman next to me is just as hateful as she's always been but is expressing it more; more, well, INTERESTINGLY, Ola (next to Sheridan) has become completely unhinged.

I recently discovered that Ola has been going up and down the street at odd times of the night and knocking on people's windows and doors and telling them that I am stealing their lawnmowers and that I have done something strange to the bricks of her house. This gave me great amusement for a while; I couldn't think of anything more unlikely. It is absurd and farcical to say the least. For example, the people who used to live across from me but moved one house up the street are named Sarah and Andrew; She knocked on Andrew's window at 7 in the morning to tell him that I was in his yard at 3 in the morning. Trey is also involved. She has, according to Sheridan, also been calling the Dallases at 3:30 in the morning to inform them of how bad I am (as if they did not already think so and needed to be further convinced). Why I would be in someone else's yard at three in the morning is beyond me; I have my own yard to be in and I would much rather be IN BED at three in the morning. Wouldn't it be strange if Ola is actually right because she's living in an alternate universe in which these things are actually happening?
But yesterday she set fire to her yard and tried to blame Sheridan for it; luckily someone across the street heard her trying to blame Sheridan and came out and stopped her. I don't know WHY they didn't arrest Ola. Sheridan thinks, probably rightly, that this is some kind of plot to brand Sheridan as a racist. So I went up to Sheridan's house after work (I had to cancel with Joan) and while I am going up to Sheridan's house here comes some chap running with a leafblower in the other direction. She saw me! he remarks to a passing gentleman. That triggered the something's-not-right mechanism in me and I called the police; the leafblower had been stolen just then from the chap who lives across the street from Sheridan. We were not able to recover it, though. Now Sheridan's neighbour was IN HIS YARD WORKING when this other chap stole his leafblower.
At this point I am no longer amused by Ola's antics and I don't want my name in Ola's mouth any longer. She seems to be not merely unhinged, but dangerously so, and I don't know what she's going to say about me or to whom but I don't want her to say it, do it, or think it. Sheridan is unsurprisingly afraid that Ola is going to set her house on fire.

I am so ready to move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home