Monday, May 09, 2005

Robot Vacuum

Ugh, I'm feeling so out of sorts today. I haven't slept well in a couple of days, and I really don't know why- perhaps it's the weather, because Sheridan said the same thing- - -

The main news this week is that I bought one of those robot-vacuum things this weekend from Home Depot; it was on sale for $99, marked down from $149. I have been thinking about buying a new vacuum cleaner for a while- I just haven't gotten around to it; and then I saw this. The thing is called Roomba Red, and it is small enough to go underneath the furniture and around it and so forth. I was skeptical at first, because I did not think it would work, but it works VERY well- it picked up all kinds of hair and dust and yuck. The only thing is that you have to get everything off of the floor before you run it, but I suppose that is the same as with a regular vacuum cleaner. Also it contained almost nothing in the way of instructions.
CJ loved it. She thought it was the best thing she had ever seen and tried to talk to it, which I have never heard her do before.

Also I rented the movie Clockwatchers, because it has Parker Posey in it; I expected it to be funny, but it really wasn't that funny- it had its moments but it also increased my feeling of vague anomie and disconnection. I dunno. Parker Posey was unsuprisingly the best thing about it, and the characters were very human- I think I was expecting something more comedic and it wasn't. I wouldn't say it wasn't good, it's just that once was enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I saw part of Clockwatchers on TV one day, prolly on IFC or something. I thought it would explain life, but it was disappointing. Cockwatchers was much better.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home