Thursday, February 03, 2005

Weekend!

We had a lovely weekend, highlighted by our trip to Helen-three days in the mountains with fireplace, hot tub, and Saniel and Ian. There were five of us, and it was very relaxing and I was a Bad little Gin Blossom only once. It was apparently quite icy here, so I am happy I missed that- it was very nice in Helen and I bought a pistol which shoots plastic BBs and a black leather hat that Ian says makes me look like the Creeper. One thing I have to ask- on Sunday, we ventured forth from the cabin to go into town, and Daniel had trouble getting his car up a muddy hill. He has a ?2003? Toyota Camry- Front wheel drive. He had it in low gear, but the hill was very muddy and the car kept spinning its tires and sliding back down. I had the idea, why don't you BACK the car up the hill, on the theory that A) this would, according to the laws of physics, place the weight of the car over the drive wheels and B) the gearing is different and C) sometimes it's easier to push something than pull it. Daniel thought this was a stupid idea, but I think that is just because he did not think of it; had he thought of it, it would have been a brilliant idea. At any rate, we found an alternate route that circumvented the hill but I am curious to see if this really is a stupid idea or not.
Also I was tempted to buy a clock-lamp object which cost $4.00 and was easily the most shockingly ugly object I have seen in a VERY long time. And I live next to the Dallases. The object claimed, on the box to "suit both refined and popular tastes" but I doubt it. I wanted to buy it on the theory that it would become the Object of Derision in the house, and everyone's attention, upon entering the house, would be immediately drawn to it and then they wouldn't notice that the rest of the house was dirty or dilapidated. Their critical attention would be immediately focused on the Object of Derision and then nothing else would be noticed. But I decided not to buy it.
Alex is trying to become a living Blonde joke, in addition to twitching, this is apparently going to be a String to his Bow. This actually happened- during the ice we had last weekend, the magnolia tree he has in his front yard, approximately 6 feet tall, broke. Any less, ah, INVENTIVE person would have been left with a 2 foot stump. Not Alex! No! He first tried - now this is coming from the source, mind you- to DUCT TAPE the tree back together, and then he tried to GLUE it back together. With WOOD GLUE. Why? I asked. For appearance, he said.
He worries me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home