Tuesday, May 17, 2005

What I wrote vs. What I would like to have written-

At the end of every term, I write thank you notes to my students as a sort of parting gift. I can't really afford to get them something expensive, and they don't need candy or Hot Fries so I think this is a nice, inexpensive way to show them that they are appreciated. It also forces me to come up with something positive to say about each one of them- I always write something formulaic like Dear (Miss Pac-Man); Thank you for being in my class this term. I have greatly enjoyed having you and hope that you have learnt a lot. You are a (yellow) and (voracious) young lady and I believe these qualities will bring you great success in the future. Best Wishes, Mr. Thomas.

But I can't always write what I really mean; for example, I can't write, You are the most flaming child I have EVER encountered, and I believe that this quality will bring you a smack-down and many fag-hags in the future. But here, I can say what I want. So here's a list of what I said vs. What I would like to have said.

You are a very determined young lady should have read: You are a pigheaded snot, and if you don't learn to do what is expected, you are going to fail miserably.

You are a very bright and diligent young man should have read: God you're surrounded by a bunch of morons! Congratulations on handling it well!

You are a very engaging young lady with a great personality and I expect to see you on television someday should have read: On television on the Jerry Springer show with your 6 babies and 7 baby daddies.

I hope that someday you realise your great potential should have read: Why did you get high right before my class? What a waste! Who wants to be high while listening to me drone about triangles? Or maybe that's the reason? It's still a waste- - -

You are a uniquely talented young lady with a killer fashion sense should have read; you are too cute to be a lesbian- keep looking and you can find a man who is good enough for you.

You are a very gracious and hard working young lady should have read: You may be dumb as a box of hammers but you at least were well mannered and not obnoxious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erica Ortiz said...

You now have me questioning every teacher's note I've ever received.

6:00 PM  
Blogger HappySam said...

erica is hot,
try this
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~poubae

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home