Saturday, August 20, 2005

Lily

I was having a long discussion with Sandy on the telephone about why she was mad with Daniel this time and then I thought of something that would be a good business idea. This is not quite as good as Ed's business ideas that he posted recently, but I still think it is a good idea.
I think I should start a Time-of-the-Month salon/spa for women. There is a real need for this, I think; you could have a spa, with massages, and facials and body toning and people to smear goo on you in various places and body waxing and what not, and a hair salon, and chocolate and tea and codeine and play "The Joy Luck Club" on continuous loop, and you could have a special Throwing room where women could throw cheap plates at the wall, and you could have a special room with Jacuzzi bathtubs and a special room where women could scream at men who would stand in for their husbands. These would have to be men who were used to taking lots of abuse, like retired umpires or referees. You could serve those dinky finger foods, or tapas, and have fake weddings so the women could cry a lot. (I wonder if I'm going to cry at Saniel's wedding. The last wedding I went to- many, many years ago- I wept uncontrollably. I was so embarrassed.) You would have to play Sheryl Crow all the time, too, or any of that kind of earnest music played by lesbians who have learnt three chords on the guitar. You could serve girly drinks, like Kamikazes or Mimosas and wine coolers, and you could organise Competitive Shopping Trips to a local sponsor, like Saks or Bloomingdale's. Hats would be involved, I think, and the interior would be decorated in soft pastels, and the air would smell like gardenia and tuberoses. A good many of the attendants would be large, Mother Earth/Brunnhilde type women. You could call it Lily.
Actually, I think this idea is worth investigating further; I will have to ask some other women what it is they would like in one of these salons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home