Thursday, January 12, 2006

Eurythmas/Happy New Year

We had a good Eurythmas- a very quiet one, and nothing interesting (read: bad) happened, except for my friend had to have surgery.
What did we do? Not much, and we didn't do much in the way of loot either. I gave everyone Chex mix and Cheese straws; Trey got his camera back, gave me some money, and got a carton of cigarettes. Alex and I got my dad an AQUARIUM, which is one of those things he's lusted after for YEARS but never bought- and probably never would buy for himself. He managed to complain about this, because Ma is supposed to be moving in, but that isn't expected to happen for months and months realistically. They can be so irritating. Sandy got lotsa stuff, like a Coach bag which cost $350 and made me happy I was born a man - doesn't happen that often, folks- and don't lust after things like that, and she got a digital camera, and Brittany got a guitar. I offered to come over and sing "Nobody Loves Me Anymore", which is what they call "Don't Ask Me Why," but so far this offer has ben rejected.

I suppose the major event was that -well, I have been trying to get Trey to be more Imaginative in bed- because right now, all he does is paw me for a few seconds and then say Roll over baby I want some. After much whining on my part, what does he do but acquiesce- trust Trey to REALLY be imaginative- and he goes and gets a long handled plastic- spork sort of thing from the kitchen and then he comes back and jabs it into my side while asking me, "Are you a robot, or are you human?" I failed to see how this was supposed to be sexy. Trey promised that next time, he is going to use the eggbeater. I am not sure what to think about this, but I promised him that next time, I will try harder to view whatever he decides to do as intended as sexy. This could be interesting.

O and his friend Steve, the person who was going to be a Hare Krishna for a while, moved in. He seems nice (he gave me money) and he tries to keep to himself but one or the other of us is always bothering him. For 8 months, he was living in a tent behind the Methodist Children's Home. I rather envy this, because I think it is just not fair to get gray hairs and all worried and anxious and spend my life working at a high stress job and not making enough money after paying bills to eat at Checkers, and he can get along living in a tent, and he is 31 and looks 21, and I'm 30 and look as old as John Kerry. I don't see that we are going to have anything to retire ON in the future, even the way I am socking it away now, because once the baby boomers retire, all their contributions will go out of the stock market and 1929 is going to look like a Golden Age of Prosperity. Hmph. And I get poked with a spork, too. I want a fun, irresponsible life! I'm not getting any fabulous benefits out of the other kind, as far as I can tell.

New Year's was also very nice; we went to that Tapas restaurant, Eclipse di Luna, and ate with Freomi etc, and they didn't give us any horrible presents, and then we went to Jason's house and had party. I did not drink anything. Trey, while opening a bottle of champagne, got hit in the eye; Brandon had a gun, which made me nervous- there's something about heavy drinking and deadly weapons that I don't like to see mixed - I asked him why, and he said, "To be prepared." O, I said, "For what?" I, you see, was not prepared at ALL for any eventuality that might require a gun, and did not want to be prepared for any such thing. "Just, you know, prepared, " he said. The dialogue continued in the same vein for a while, and he showed me his concealed weapons permit; I conceded that I could see that there were places that a gun might be an important part of being Prepared but I didn't think that Eclipse di Luna and Jason's New Year's party were the places. he put the gun inside the waistband of his trousers and I was thinking that if I put a gun there, it might shoot parts of my body that I really would not like to live without and that Trey is interested in poking with the spork, and I would not like that at all. No, I cannot think of a good way to carry a gun on my person. I need all of my body, and it isn't in any great shape as it is (particularly my liver) without getting shot up to boot. Naomi drank too much and passed out early; for once it wasn't I asleep at 11. A Certain Other Person (not I) also got very drunk and then sat in a chair and moaned, Trey, Trey, and also tried to dance with us, which I thought was- uncomfortable. I don't like to make other people's significant others upset, at least not inadvertently, and then Trey started doing push-ups so I knew it was time for us to go home. Right then. Immediately, because Trey doing push-ups is a Bad Sign.
Sheridan was waiting for us; Trey sang her a song in the car on the way home but I forget what it was about, it was amusing and very drunk; Then we proceeded to get really silly, and we all put on dresses and danced. Sheridan and Trey looked unbelievably HOT dancing together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home