Sunday, August 07, 2011

Parker's Back

After some time when I thought I might not ever see him again, who is back?

Well. This is not one of those decisions that has been met with thunderous applause, shall we say, by the multitudes. (Multitudes, in this case, = Alex.) Also this is going to be one of those stories which begin with, "See, what had happened was," and end - we all know how this ends, yes?

No, I do NOT really expect anything to be any different. However, what I am hoping, and working towards, is that Trey will get his own place before he starts misbehaving. And I am not really interested in dating him anyway, because, as I say, we know how this story ends. It is not "Happily Ever After," it is, "And then Trey disappeared with mystery people, got drunk, threw a fit, and then . . ."

Do you still love him?

Well, I love many people, and many people love me back. I mean, there is love there, but I know better than to think there's a future, and I know what kind of future it would be and I want nothing to do with that. So it's like the kind of love you might have for a good friend or brother perhaps.

Here is the, "See, What Happened Was," part of the story.

See, What happened was, Trey called me one day and said that he had found a job with Georgia Department of Labour picking grapes in bloody Sylvania Georgia. Which is like way off in country so far away, I have no good metaphor. I mean, they have to drive two hours to a Wal-mart I think. You have to set your clock back it is so far away.

So why did you agree to it?

Cos Ma is always saying something she hears on television about "Sow the seed," and dammit I need a job, so that's all I can think to do to "Sow the Seed." If I can help someone find a job, then . . .

Cruella! You just wanted to see Trey! You wouldna done this for anyone else!

Yes, that is partially true, but also I did have that one lady stay (abortively) with me for like three days, and now I have a couple more friends staying. This one dude and his boyfriend, WonderTwink. I am Helping them Out.

Cruella. Is this a good idea?

Well, WonderTwink is a little annoying, he is one of those people who has to "win" a conversation. He is very dramatic and queeny. I am thinking, I hope I do not behave like this. I am fairly certain that I did so 10 years ago. I would like to think I am nicer now. The other chap is nice. And I, personally, feel that you can't say, O, I am a Christian and when people come to you for help and you can give it, then you don't.

Cruella! Is that how you are justifying your bad impulses these days? You know that the primary reasons you are doing this is you like your house to be, as Shirley Jackson said, "old, and noisy, and full."

Yes. I am now justifying my behaviour through Christianity. Wait until you get a bit of my "healing touch."

Cruella. What makes this a good idea?

As I said, the one chap is nice, and WonderTwink is a little annoying but they are hardly ever here anyhow. Neither of them seems to have a job but they are paying. And I don't like to enquire too closely into other people's business. Anyway, hopefully they will both get jobs and get their own place etc. Otherwise they are fine, although Trey for obscure reasons doesn't like them.

And Trey?

Oh yes. Well, then I drove him clear across creation to go pick grapes, and five days later he calls me and they all got fired and he has nowhere to go and is coming to Atlanta. There is going to be a MASSIVE lawsuit as a result of this cos they all got fired in favour of Mexicans, and this company violated a LOT of different statutes. BOOO! Anyway I told him if he wanted to go to Chattanooga he could but if he wasn't getting a job it didn't make sense for him to go back to Chattanooga and he ought to stay here and find a job. So he did and is working at the Colonnade. MMMMMM! And I told him since he could weld, and Freddy does HVAC, then he should be able to make those cages for air conditioners and decorative bar-doors for crawlspaces. That should be good money. He has Behaved mostly thus far. But I think the best thing is for him to get his OWN place and such and be out of MY hair. I do NOT feel like dealing with him.

Oh! I forgot to tell you about my Politically Incorrect Thought!

That would be implying that you have Politically Correct Thoughts . . .

Yes. That is true, and I don't have Politically Correct Thoughts. I think about placentas a whole lot. However, some thoughts are more repeatable than others.

So yesterday I was at Sam's, having noisily refused to shop at Publix, cos it's too expensive, (I got a whole QUART of whipping cream for $2.75!) and then there were two Indo-Paki men in the parking lot driving a BMW and dressed like . . . wiggers.

This is not a cultural trend I am ready for. I do not know what you call an Indo-paki man in an "urban" outfit, looking douchey, and wiggery, but I do not want this to happen. How do I stop this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home