Thursday, July 08, 2010

Spiders, Itsy-Bitsy and Otherwise

Today I helped Sandi by sitting with Isabella while Sandi went to a doctor's appointment.

Shut up. I know how to take care of children, if not houseplants. I didn't put her in a mannequin head or leave her out for hours unattended or try to teach her to can- what exactly is it you suspect me of doing?

So that was fun! We sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "Inchworm" and watched the "Yip-Yips" and then she had lunch and we played with her horsies and Barbies.

I made the Barbies fly on the gecko and sing. Which- really made me think of Lady Gaga, she's really got this image of some kind of super post modern living Barbie Doll, she's got that blank, plastic expression, the multiple costume changes- and the truth is with Barbie, the costumes were always more important- the mutability of Barbie is also important, a thing that can be posed inhumanly- and also Barbie lives in this glittery plastic world of limousines, fancy cars, fancy houses, just like Lady Gaga!

I bet John Waters LOVES Lady Gaga!

She tried to have a meltdown but I was like, well if you want to have a meltdown you are going to do it all by yourself and left her in her room and went to fool with the computer- and she shut up..

Then I think I have some contract work, which is- awesome!

Well, now I am going to tell y'all all the things Mr Taggart has been saying.

First he claimed that when I get another house I will take the car all apart in the drive and "it will smell."

No. I plan on having a garage, and putting the car inside to work on it, and ? Cars don't smell? What is he talking about?

Well. Mr Taggart also objects to the spiders in the house.

"The only spiders are in the bath, I say." I like spiders. They kill the smaller bugs. I wish I could solve my ant problem that way.

"No, boo," says Mr Taggart. He points out various places of interest in my house, like the light fixture in the living room and the empty television set. "See, that's like Atlantic Station for spiders - indicating the corner with the head and the pinata and the 'Revenge' poster- and that's like the Fox Theatre for spiders"- indicating the light fixture. Then he shrieks when he sees a fly.

Mr Taggart is not a shrieky kind of person, he is very manly. Therefore, I find this, unsurprisingly, amusing.

Also I like the various areas of my house being referred to as "Atlantic Station for spiders" and the "Fox Theatre for Spiders." I do really like spiders. We coexist well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home