Thursday, September 06, 2012

In Which Alex Refuses to Admire my Hickey

So I had a lovely hickey this weekend and commanded Alex to admire it. "Look at my hickey!" I commanded. "Errrr," said Alex. You would think he would be happy for me, that I am having a nice time and all. Aforementioned hickey was brought to me by a gentleman I will call Mr. K. So Cruella, what happened to Gummi Bear and Robin and Trey? Well. I went on vacation with Gummi Bear, we had a lovely time, and he is determined to stay friends, which is fine with me. You cannot/should not force someone to do things they don't want to do. Although, my faith was sorely tested when, at a restaurant between Chichen Itza and the resort, I got a bug crawling out from underneath my rice. If God exists, surely He would have put it in Gummi Bear's food. That would have been a delightful spectacle, the restaurant would have been overturned. Sigh. Robin is in Memphis taking care of his Dad, and . . . I'm not waiting around. Trey and I cannot even be friends. It was time for him to go, and he did something while I was gone and got put out. As far as I know, he's in Asheville. I'll still talk to him, but . . . whatever there was, is dead and gone forever. I'm in a different place in my life now. So Mr. K. Now, Mr. K I am having a few doubts about, because he is in one of those Situations. I am trying to make sure that he is just IN a situation and is not THE situation. I just don't want to be involved with another Trey. That being said, it is unfair to carry baggage around. I hope to have learnt, grown, and then, be optimistic but careful. I'm certainly not perfect myself, right? Nobody is. Mr. K is a bus driver, and also has a, um, "traditional bus driver's physique." No he is not as fat as my friend the Lolrus! And Mr. K, unlike the Lolrus, hasn't yet kicked a hole in my bedroom wall! Mr. K says he loves me, which enthralls me, and we are getting on nicely. And Mr. K DOES have a job, and it's . . . ok, and he does have an apartment, and he does . .not have a car. Cruella, you have a whole bunch of cars! You should give him one! RRRRRK! NOTHING DOING! I have been encouraging him to make extra money with field trips. Mr. K has his heart set on one of those buy-here-pay-here Chargers, which I think is a terrible idea. Those cars are just as much as a new car. Also, if you don't have any money, a car payment is a terrible idea. I have been vociferous and persistent (imagine that) in advocating the Thousand Dollar Ciera. Well, think about it. They run forever, and for a little more than the down payment, you OWN the thing and no one can take it away. After a few months, get something better. Mr. K has thus far resisted the charms of the Thousand Dollar Ciera, but I am, as y'all know, vociferous and persistent. Oh. And Mr. K does not, as in Through the Looking Glass, rejoice in insects. Every time he sees one he stops eating. "It's an old house, it's in the South, there are bugs," I tell him. Mr. K is unconvinced. Mr. K is also trying to talk me into skydiving, which . . . is highly unlikely. That strikes me as a modern day witch trial sort of thing. If you die, you're a witch. I would not pay good money to fall out of a plane. I know better than this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Blogger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Random Blogger said...

Sorry, my previous comment had a grave typo.

So anyway, I was wondering how the hell did I miss your blog. It's been a while since I read dark humor and sarcasm put so well together!

New follower!

Ofcourse, my original comment had a lot more exclamations marks.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home