Monday, October 03, 2005

Chipotle

I was going to put more into this, but then I cannot seem to update from my computer at work.

I forgot to note that last weekend, I don't know why, I tried Chipotle. If you don't know what that is, it's McDo does Mexican. Why I tried this, I have no idea! I had been overexposed to fluorescent lights all day is my best guess. I had heard it was good somewhere.
Well, it wasn't GOOD, but then again, it wasn't awful, so I suppose that counts as a success for McDo. At least it was inexpensive. But they only had burritos and tacos, no real Entree kind of food, which was what I had expected, so it was like Taco Bell gets an Extreme Makeover. You know, your old friend, Taco Smell, the middle aged sort of dumpy but friendly friend- goes out and gets liposuction and a $300 haircut and a new wardrobe. By the way, I think that it is designed to fit onto a McDo footprint, but it is all done up in that Post Everything Loft Style which is ALREADY looking dated, it was cute when it was fresh, but now it looks like someone's hardware shed threw up. Why do I occasionally fall prey to chain restaurants? WHY?

I was thinking about the post-petroleum future and I think it is bio-diesel and other bio fuels. It's impossible, today, to predict what will happen in the future. But if tomorrow all the oil vanished- just disappeared- I would put my money on bio-diesel/ethanol.
For one thing, petrol is rapidly approaching the price level at which ethanol/biodiesel becomes a competitive alternative. It's now $3.15 for a gallon of regular where I go in the morning. I'm pretty sure you can get liquor that's cheaper than that, were it not for the various taxes, etc. Biofuels offer several advantages; the infrastructure is already in place. They aren't significantly more dangerous than petrol. Cars can be fairly inexpensively converted to run on bio-fuels (every now and again you read about someone who has taken a Mercedes diesel of 1970's vintage and converted it to run on french fry oil and goes on and on about it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I love Chipotle!!!

http://www.jasonmulgrew.com/content/blog_archive.php?bid=417

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home