Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Anomie

I have finally diagnosed the reasons for the vague feelings of anomie that have been plaguing me recently; there are too many unresolved things floating around, the main thing being the work on the house isn't done and I want it to be completed, badly. Julio won't return and put in the electricity; Dominic won't finish his work, like installing the trim around the backsplash in the kitchen or fix the lawnmower, and then last week when Alejandro was there I discovered there was a large hole in the closet ceiling, which was unnerving enough but then Trey said that Dominic had done it "to see what was up there." Well, I could have told Dominic what was there- attic- but he had to see for himself, apparently and now WON'T REPAIR IT, which is annoying. The Window World people disappeared with my $- quite a bit of it, and won't come and put the windows IN, This is three months after I ordered them- and I wanted them during winter, when it is the coldest-
So that is the main Unresolvedness. Then there are other things I need to do, like get rid of the old car, finish whatever it is I need to do to go to Kennesaw over the summer, study for the LSAT, - transfer to another school- lots of things. Trey needs to get a job, which he is working on, but it takes a while, and then there are Other Things like my mom won't move in with my Dad, which creates financial pressure on him- - on and on and on.

We went to see Nobody Knows this weekend- Trey thought it was very sad, I - well- I didn't think it was so sad. The really heartwrenching bit was a bit contrived, I thought, and the rest of it- the kids seemed to be having fun and managing, not ideally, but then again, they could have been both neglected AND abused, which seems to be so common here. They seemed pretty happy and resourceful. It reminded me of the summers I spent taking care of my brother, they were wonderful, not sad-. At any rate, I wouldn't strongly recommend the movie, it was too slow even for me- I think you have to be in a sad mood already to really enjoy it.

Last week, when I was unloading the dishwasher, I noticed that Trey had put a screwdriver in with the cutlery . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home