Wednesday, April 16, 2008

More of what I have been doing recently










I had trouble finding the pictures I took on my computer (yeah, couldn't find where it had saved them) but finally found them. I am not 100% sure of what I uploaded though, it should be:
The tableau with the Rabbit parents witnessing their child's confirmation
And The Other Car.

Now the tableau is- I think I am having an Idea about setting up little odd dioramas all over the house, I went on a date which I thought went well but apparently not, which is fine- and we went to the thrift store because he was talking about curtains so I suggested we go to the fabric store but they were closed- so. Now at the thrift store I found a very, very odd object, which was this rabbit, apparently originally made out of ceramic but rather heavy for ceramic- and then someone had covered it in this floral print fabric and then varnished it and painted eyes underneath the varnish. I still can't decide if this object is really tacky or just so bizarre that it completely transcends tacky. So I did the only thing I could, and bought it. Then there was a paper rabbit near it, and a confirmation scene, and then a matching mirror! Ah, the miracle of the thrift store.
So now I have this bizarre little tableau.

And then we have The Other Car, which is Very Rare, there were only about 2000 made in '84 and '85 and it has the same turbo engine as the GN, but is a hot air car, not intercooled, and FWD instead of RWD and also very Rusty. Perhaps I'll just call it Rusty. It, like my Aunt Rusty, hails from Michigan. Mitch (y'all, if you want a good mechanic, I have the absolute Best) fiddled with it yesterday and now it runs quite well; Not entirely up to driving more than round the corner, but- it didn't smoke or knock, so good things all, it still needs an exhaust and emissions and a tag and the door panels/doors repaired, then we can begin real fun. So those are also supposed to be pictures of My Other Car, which is infinitely better than my brother's Awful Car, the Dismobile (Dismal/Dysfunction + automobile = dismobile) This one has a turbo! And is fuel injected v. Carbed! And runs without- making all the I want to DIE noises. Oooh, and it is super plush inside.

Anyway I was thinking of having an end of term party Fri 9 May so ask me if you would like to come or post a comment.

Ooo, i just thought of something. You know whom that Buick would be perfect for? A TEENAGER. It is reliable and fairly good on gas and has no airbags to come out and hurt you, and is almost two tons of steel/rust, built like a tank, and the best part of it is: It is all rusty so the teenager will be too embarrassed to actually go anywhere in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home