Monday, June 08, 2009

More >>Fun<< in Rio

Well- (you non-commenting jerks)- I have all moved into the 21st century, only like a decade into it and started a Facebook. I was totally peer pressured into it. But y'all know, my blog is my first love, and I am sticking with it. So if you want to know what I'm actually doing, then you should read this.

So 4 more people out of our group got mugged/attacked: Streetfighter- someone came up, snatched her purse and she ran after them and GOT IT BACK, which I thought was amazing- and then three other people were walking through a tunnel and got held up at gunpoint. Granted, they shouldn't have been walking through a tunnel, and two of the guys got held up because instead of running like I would have, because I am a ninny, they tried to help. Still.

This has inspired a Gashlycrumb Tinies version of The Georgia Staters in Rio as in:

A is for Alan terminally drunky
B is for Braxton attacked by a monkey
C is for Carol who fell down the stairs
D is for Danielle
E is for Elizabeth, bitten by an infected mosquito
F is for Forsling, Bradley
G is for Gideon, strangled iwth his headband
H is for Harge, crushed by a jealous man
J is for Jameel -
I is for - Iorio, Augie,
K is for Kiwan who should have hid his junk
L is for Laura who opined once too many
M is for Mariana drugged by a bennie
N is for Natalie
O is for -
P is for -
Q is for questions, - had too many
R is for Rhett
S is for Simone dancing too funky
T is for Trina
U is for -
V is for Vint, Colin daSilva, attacked by a cougar
W is for Will, murdered by Crawford
X is for Xavier, attacked with a shiv
Y is for Yesebel, too sexy to live
Z is for -

As you can see, I have not finished it. Also, I have been thinking about nicknames for my classmates.

Soviet Worker man, Eeyore, Dorkula, 1973, Big Watch, Ron Howard, Mr. T, Rapunzel, and Brazil Nuts.

Have you been Good, Cruella?

Well, half and half. I have been Better than I expected to be, but then last Thursday was Will Chu's going away party and I tried to be good and then everyone was going out and I- got peer pressured into going. Well, seriously, when am I going to do that if not here and with a huge group? So I did, and it was ok, and I drank some things called Blue Lagoons?

And the next day I was still drunk. At least I made it; only half the class was there and this was remarked upon by the professor. She did not take it well. No one else went to class. She did say that she did not mind if we slept through class- as one person did- as long as we made it. Ok?

Then we went to Paraty (pronounced Parachi) and it was ok, but cloudy and chilly. At least it wasn't Rio. We did go out on a boat, but it wasn't as boozy a cruise as the last one, and we did play a game called >>Fuck It<< in the dark, which sounds much more exciting than it actually was.

We tried to visit several churches on Sunday, but they were closed.

I did not make that up. Also there was, as a tourist attraction, a man dressed as a slave with whom tourists could take pictures. I do not care to know what sort of person wants to have their picture taken with a man posing as a slave. Aunt Jemima could be bad taste but that is just vile.

Today a few of us went to see the Christ the Redeemer statue that Rio is famous for. We took a taxi, which ended up being rather expensive but I'd rather get mugged with my consent and preagreed price than the other way around. One of the other classes took a field trip to see a landfill and the sewage treatment plant. I was happy that was not our class. Rio smells plenty bad enough already without having to investigate the sources of the bad smells further. The Christ statue was very nice and had lovely views of the city below. Rio is quite nice the further away you get from it.

O and I had a cold, so then I took some medicine called Res- something or other. I didn't know that I felt BETTER, but I certainly did feel DIFFERENT! As in, weird!

Then - there's a long homework involved story, but the homework made me feel better (?) (told you I was sick) and then - I did feel better enough to tell Alison some jokes about pussy, which also involved banana pizza.

If you get curious enough to try banana pizza, you can eat it in Rio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home