Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hennessy Cadillac Sucks

Dear Sir or Madam;

I am writing you to express my dissatisfaction with the service department of one of your dealers. I hope that by bringing this matter to your attention, you can prevent other customers from becoming dissatisfied in the future and ensure that this and other dealers continue to uphold the Cadillac reputation.
I have owned a Cadillac Catera, purchased new in 2001 from Hennessy Cadillac, since August of that year. Since then the car has been serviced nowhere else and I have been satisfied for the past three years with the overall level of service that I have received.
However, this year, I have had a few things happen which make me doubt the professional expertise of the service department, as well as their willingness to provide the level of customer care one expects from a Cadillac retailer. I would like particularly to bring to your attention an incident which occurred on Saturday the 22nd of October.
My car was due for an oil change, so I brought it in, after calling ahead, to have the oil changed. The service writer (Joey Davidson) came back shortly thereafter to tell me that “The drain plug is stripped so we can’t do it, you’ll have to bring it back Monday.” “What do you mean, the drain plug is stripped?” I asked, “Do you mean that you stripped the drain plug? The car’s never been serviced anywhere but here since it was new.” He went to check on this and then returned to confirm this. “We can’t do anything with it now,” he told me, “It’s stripped and we can’t get it out.”
I have now wasted 45 minutes driving there, 45 minutes driving back home, and the car will have to wait two weeks for another Saturday on which I MIGHT be able to take the car back and another hour and a half in transit from home. Apparently they consider all Cadillac owners to be retirees who have nothing better to do than spend their golden years in the dealer service department’s waiting room; I can most certainly assure you that this is not true of me, and if this is the dealer’s opinion of Cadillac owners, I will certainly not be being another. I also now have to deal with the fact that the dealer, of all organisations, doesn’t seem to be able to change the oil in the car without breaking something. So how am I to trust the dealer with another, more complicated repair? I would also like to know why I should purchase another one of these vehicles if I cannot even have the simplest of maintenance procedures performed satisfactorily. From what I am told, owners of similar “luxury” brands do not seem to have this problem, and I certainly had not expected this from Cadillac. This is in addition to their repeated failure to repair a problem with the car overheating, which I fear will lead to a burst head gasket and my being stranded along the highway somewhere. My friends who own Lexuses and Infinitis tell me they do not have such concerns.
I hope that you can understand my disappointment and dismay and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience; you may also contact me by telephone at 467-5309.

Regretfully,



Mr. Alan Thomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home