Saturday, February 11, 2006

Lessons Learnt

Well, I was challenged this week at work- I don't have enough students failing, I was told- now what this means, more or less, is that my course is not challenging enough.
I would be resentful of this but nowadays, I don't care so I am going to make the course more challenging. I think what I will do with 2nd year Honours is Conversations in French is some text analysis. We will try to write about poems and stories and talk about symbolism and such. If they want challenging, by gum, I'll give it to 'em.

Also I learnt that the lesson I am supposed to learn from Cathy is that to Be prosperous, we have to Behave in a prosperous Manner.
Cathy, as you know, is the most claw-your-way-to-the-top person I know, she makes the most money with the least to start with- and I think it is because she Behaves in a Prosperous manner. She likes to spend lotsa $ on the things she likes, like fancy dinners. (we went to Two Urban Licks for her birthday dinner. It was Very Atmospheric, which is something I'm going to have to pay more attention to in the future. ) and she behaves in a fairly flashy way, with a clean fancy car and Neiman-Marcus makeup and that sort of thing. I'm going to have to try to put the vibe out that I have $ instead of going on about how poor we are. Ma also agrees with this, and Trey also agrees with this, so they must be right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home