Thursday, February 02, 2006

Random Comments

I haven't updated my blog in a while, so I knew I was due, but there hasn't been much of interest happening recently.
One boy in 6th period wrote on his slate- I gave them slates to practice conjugating verbs on- "Boys go to Mars to get chocolate bars, girls go to Mars to get OWNED." I thought that was funny and told him he has a future in the t-shirt/bumper sticker business.
There, I got the fun stuff out of the way.

At this point I think everyone except for Saniel and the two of us have bailed out of the cabin trip; Sandy had some sort of argument with her sisters several weeks ago and just can't deal with them, so they and their collective is/are not going. Then Freomi are getting, incredibly, even WORSE about being indecisive and can't get it together to go- Alex is apparently still scared of being in the same zip code where Bouncy Bouncy on the Woggy Woggy will be happening, and won't go anywhere without Joe- so they are not going, and Ian is in Thailand, so he's out- boo. Anyway, we'll have a good time.

In other news- Alex is supposed to get a new roommate, some chap who lives with his parents and is 30 years old, and is apparently a devout Muslim and has some doubts about living with the infidel. This person is even MORE indecisive than Alex; he has been talking about moving in for several weeks but then his "grandmother died" and so he went to India for a month. I don't think this person is EVER going to move in; Alex refuses, for whatever reason, to look for someone else, so I said that I would let Trey look for him a roommate, but for some reason he declined this generous offer. After all, Trey did find Steve, who is very nice, and clean, and good company and painted phone numbers all over the wall in his room. Alex for some reason objected to that. According to Trey, Steve is also going to leave in the spring and go back to living in a tent. I joked that instead of being the House of Yes, Alex's house is now going to be the House of We Have to See What Joe is Going to Do. Joe should really milk this whole Alex-waits-on-his-every-word thing, like Jen does; he could have Minions, but he is apparently unwilling to do so. Perhaps he's just waiting for the right moment, and then, all of a sudden, Joe will Summon His Minions. If I can think of anything nice to do for him, I will, just in case. I might let him drive my Grand National when I get it.

Well, the Omega has had ongoing battery idiocy; it would not start one day at school last week, so I called AAA (who then told me I had one call left) and they came out and jiggled the battery cable and the car started. Stupid car. The AAA guy said that the battery cable needed to be tightened, so I tried to do that the other day, and then the bolt broke off so I gave up. I'm still interested in buying a Grand National, and the prices are going up! They were $15 for a low mileage '87 and now they're around $18-$20K! I'm very nervous about buying this car that I've never driven on line, but then the rising prices are convincing me that I had better do something before it is too expensive- - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home