Thursday, July 27, 2006

Assassinated!

Things that have happened this week:
We have been aggressively marketing (by going on Craigslist) the extra room, in hopes of renting it. I am also painting the room a sort of beige colour. I don't care for this beige colour at all, but that was the only colour we had enough of in the basement. I would have preferred to paint it that peach colour again, but I didn't have enough of that kind of paint. It needed it, having been graffitied (I probably made up that word) by several people.

I bought 30 lbs of Cherries from Wal-Mart (hey, they were 98 cents a pound) to make beer with, a kind called "Cherries in the Snow" which is supposed to require sour cherries, but I will make do with what I have-

Trey did NOT eat the raw potato, for those of you anxious to find out what the outcome was.

O and we watched Margaret Cho's latest attempt at comedy, "Assassin."

Miss Cho takes herself WAY too seriously for someone who achieved, according to her own admission, a 0.2 GPA in high school. Why or how she set herself up as a political pundit I do not know, but her "comedy" has turned into little better than an extended version of Orwell's 3 minute hate, constructively directed at the Bush administration. (note sarcasm, for the sarcasm impaired) (Alex)

I wonder why I should take political advice from someone who spent a fair number of years snorting every white powder that came to their house in an envelope (her own words).

I wonder why I should take political advice from someone who, instead of graduating high school or going to college, was coming down off of crystal meth and was so drunk she had to hang on to the mike stand to perform. (again, her own words)

I wonder why I should listen to the political opinions of someone who spent their formative years playing drinking games while watching "The Love Boat," i"Charlie's Angels," and "Soul Train" nstead of, you know, reading and absorbing knowledge.

I wonder why I should listen to someone who shrieks that Bush is a fascist, etc, while at the same time telling me that because I am gay I can ONLY vote for one party. Isn't that fascistic?

Doesn't she claim to oppose the unholy mingling of impersonal politics and personal relationships? She claims to oppose stereotypes and racism, but reinforces them herself through identity politics. Because I'm any kind of minority, I have to vote ONLY for one party. There isn't supposed to be a rational thought process considering who could best lead the country or represent me.

She attacks Republicans for being against gay marriage -
Margaret, that's not why Bush won. And you may not have been sober long enough to notice, but John Kerry too was against gay marriage. See the debates. They had IDENTICAL positions on the issue.

And I'm not sure how you get off on criticising the U.S. when in places like Latvia, people throw excrement on the Pride Marchers, and as far as I know, they weren't even listening to Mariah the Antichrist. I have my own issues with Bush, (no! Not like that! Ha ha I made a funny) but they need to be articulated. I suppose he failed to cut government spending doesn't really make for good stand up, but then again, politics should be left out.

Also in her "comedy" she was very proud of some kind of March for Women's Lives that she had something or other to do with. Of course, I did not hear about this, so I don't think it had very much impact. But what IS it with liberals? They seem to think that if you just get enough people together and make a lot of noise, Something is Happening. Yes! By etting all these women together and Marching, we are Changing the World. People are Getting the Message. All that We are the World, let's get a bunch of rockers to sing and buy our record and have big concerts, because, you know, that like Raises Consciousness or something.

If it were true that getting bunches of people together accomplished anything, sheep would rule the earth, or at least Montana.

I don't remember how long ago it was, but it was fairly recently, there were all these concerts all across the globe for some kind fo AIDS benefit, and Bono and Annie Lennox and a bunch of other people who should shut up and make music participated. I'm sure they raised lots and lots of money and all went home smugly self satisfied that they Made a Difference.

Hogwash. Where did the money go? If it were doing some good, surely we would hear as much about what they spent it on as how they were raising it. Honestly, AIDS isn't really a problem which can be solved by throwing money at it. AIDS can be solved by not fucking people with HIV. Ok?

I suppose it makes liberals feel all Better and they get that gooey-warm feeling of accomplishment, like the kind of feeling I get when I fix the car. The difference is that when I fix the car, it has accomplished something, but when liberals do things like this, it doesn't really do anything, like teaching kids at Tri-Cities. You're going through all the motions, everything looks good, but there aren't any results.

Besides, I don't want Miss Cho to provide us with political commentary, and I don't want Annie Lennox to do that either. Annie Lennox should sing and play the piano, and Margaret Cho should go back to talking about Ass Master and My-Name-Is_Gwen-And-I'm-Here-To-WAAAARRRRRSH-Your-Vagina!

Do you really want to hear, for example, Lady Thatcher sing "Why?' Do you want to hear Tony Blair do stand-up?

That's what I thought.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I would like to hear Lady Thatcher (that's so funny to read) try to sing anything. Mostly cux I want to hear her aceent. I read that she took elocution lessons as a girl, and they didn't take. So she took them again as prime minister, and she STILL can't sound posh! Beep!

And all of those things--white powders, meths, etc. are EXACTLY why you should take political advice from Margaret Cho! She was in the drunk tank while you were pushing papers around as an assistant. (I'm taking liberties with time.)

Lastly, as for liberal causes, I ask this of the people in Africa: "Do they know it's Halloween at all??????"

1:46 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Why am I not allowed to edit this?!?! I just realized that I typed 'aceent' instead of accent. That's the Danish word for 'toiletpapering a house with beef jerkey on May Day'

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home