Monday, July 10, 2006

Happenings!

I can't say that there have been many very Exciting Happenings of late, so really if you don't read this you aren't missing anything.

How is that for an honest disclaimer? Right up front, too! Oh, wait, I have to add ANOTHER disclaimer- Some people are likely to be offended by something or other I write. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln, You're likely to offend All of the people some of the time, Some of the people all of the time, but you probably can't offend All of the people All of the time.

After long periods of debate on exactly what sort of whore I am- Trey has proposed several different things, among them: Lying Whore, Twinkle Whore, and Eeeing Whore. I do not lie so I do not know why he thinks I'm a lying whore. I suppose I twinkle- I think it's an attractive Idea. Don't YOU want to be a Twinkle Whore? That would make a good name for a perfume. I do say Eeee!

But I have discovered that I am: A Beach Whore. I will go with ANYONE to the beach: I would probably go with Jeffrey Dahmer; I would just make sure that I overfilled the fridge and freezer once I got there so he could not cut me up and put me in the freezer.

I went to the Beach AGAIN with Cathy! We went to Seacrest, which is near Destin/Panama City but there weren't any teenagers, which was fine with me. Of course Trey did not go. Cathy, despite her occasional protests to the contrary, does not like Trey. Her mother also went; I have never previously spent time around her mother, so I did not know what that would be like. Initially, I was doubtful as to whether or not I should go but then I decided to try it.

It was a LOT of fun, as always; the beach was Beautiful! One thing that Cathy did that I did not like very much was reapply lipstick while driving- this would not have bothered me except that it did have a detrimental effect on her driving. We ate really great food, and stayed in this "cottage"- it's about the Size of a cottage, but not really what I would consider a cottage, it was easily the fanciest of all the places we have stayed in- it had granite countertops and a plasma TV and was completely new. This cottage- there were several others for sale in the neighbourhood- cost probably 650K for a two bedroom two bath. Now while we were there- the lady who OWNED it came up to us and said- O I wanted to meet you! She owned that cottage, she said, but it turned out to be too small, with the kids and all, so they bought another one in the same neighbourhood. We were some of the first renters.

The mind boggles. At least, my mind does, because as of the 14th of this month, I had 35.00 in my checking account despite not having spent any notable sums on anything, and I shan't get paid again until the first- and this lady owns at least 1.4 mil of property RIGHT THERE. I keep wondering when I see a Beach house with a Plasma TV what their Real houses look like. This lady said they lived off of Moore's Mill. Now the Paulinos did at one time live up in that Area but I imagine she is not living in Hollywood road apartments. She must live somewhere near the governor's mansion. I shouldn't get all Freddy and be impressed by lavish displays of probably inherited wealth but I really can't help it. I'm sure they must own multiple properties and have lots and lots of money; This impresses me- because it's taking me until August to pay off last winter's gas bill, and the house isn't even warm.

I wish I had had a camera as well, because I would have liked to have taken some pictures of the hallucinatory style of architecture that exists there. This place, by the way, is called Seacrest/Seagrove/Grayton Beach and by now most of the old Florida cottages- the real cottages, not the fakey Craftsman types like the one we stayed in- have given way to this Tim-Burton-in=bright-colours style. Like if you took the Edward Scissorhands houses and blew them all up huge. It's like a tract house and a New Orleans Victorian and an Italian Villa all got together and had bastard grandchildren. One town was completely stark white concrete, and I don't know what that says for race relations in our time (you can build an entirely white town?) but it says something.

Oh and that horrible roommate John left, he apparently found some chick who was willing to take care of him in Florida so he got on the bus, Gus. Thank GOD.
Let me tell you the kinds of things he did, lest I forget in future.
John actually fell for that Nigerian internet scam. I get those things, and I think, who in this day and age is dumb enough to fall for that? Well, he was, and then he didn't want to go to work because of this massive check he was going to receive. I had to threaten him EVERY WEEK to make him get up and go to work to pay the rent. He also would not go to work independently but had to be gotten up and driven by Trey. Then he wouldn't give Trey gas money and bickered with him all the time. That is precisely what I am trying to get away from during the summer, adolescents bickering.
He sat on the computer day and night. He used our telephones constantly.
He didn't have any sense of privacy like if the bedroom door is closed DON'T bother us! No I will NOT go to the car and get you a cigarette! Don't bother us!
He wouldn't pick up after himself and refused to lift a finger around the house.

I am not prepared, or interested, in bringing up other people's adolescent children whom I do not love. I have enough to deal with with Trey without another one, who lacks Trey's charming personality and interesting- - - well, you know Trey is interesting. Sorry. I miss Steve, he was so nice and cooperative. We do need another housemate- but I want an adult, not a child.

And Trey got a JOB, which given our combined efforts was hardly a surprise-upon my return from Florida I told him he needed to get a Sunday paper so we could look for him a job. Trye had a fit. But I made him, and then we prayed about it, so now he is driving a truck for Masada Bakery. This is also a warning, in case you see a Masada Bakery truck. This job pays $10 an hour to start but with raises up to $16 and full benefits, and about 60 hours a week. I am so happy.

I also have almost figured out what I want to write for my personal statement for Law School- I decided that the reasons I want to go to law school are to Make Money Kick Ass and Take Names. So I thought that the most palatable of those to focus on was Kick Ass, and I am going with a theme from a children's book fondly remembered from Childhood, Last One Home Is A Green Pig. Suffice it to say that the theme I will be developing will be that I don't want to be a Green Pig. I think that will be attention getting, different, and paint the picture of myself that would ensure my acceptance.

I fixed my dad's car yesterday, the mode switch for the HVAC was broken. Yes! I did something MANLY! Fie on all you doubters! With the help of an online forum, I found out a vacuum hose was broken, and where, and I spliced it together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home