Thursday, July 27, 2006

It is Plotting Again

That creature next door is Plotting Again. Sheridan complains at length about Ola, but Ola is not nearly as bad as Those Creatures; Ola is mad enough that the police can get involved and Do Something whereas in my situation, there is nothing I can do, except wait for whatever horrid thing to Happen and then try to deal with the consequences.

I hate living next to those inbred bastards. Frankly, if they sacrificed goats and were Satanists, I should prefer that. But Trey was outside today on the porch and he heard it plotting- it said something about well, I'm getting John (their brother who curses in an amusing manner) to take care of them.

So I am concerned about what is likely to happen. Arrrgh. As if my ulcer weren't active enough.

Today I spoke at length with Teri, meine ehenmaliger Deutsch Lehererin! (For you uncultured Swine, that means something you have to look up) At any rate, she is an attorney, one of the beautiful high-power sorts, and she gave me some advice to what I wanted to know.

You have to cut your hair, she said, and laughed in that way that makes me reconsider Trey-

O I know that, I said. Many, many people have told me that, and I am not willing to do it until necessary, but I do realise that.

She also told me Georgia State was not a good idea, because her firm didn't interview beyond the top 5-10 percent of the class, and other firms even fewer, and recommended UGA or University of Virginia, perhaps Emory.

Um, University of Virginia is wicked expensive, I checked, and you have to have a 3.67 and 172. I'm not so sure about those numbers. That's just as expensive as Emory, and I really want to get away from the Daddy-will-get-me-a-job-in-his-firm modality.

She explained as well what it is like to be a lawyer (I have no time off, she said, you can't take a real vacation. They OWN your mind all day. You can't mess up, because then everything's f*cked up.)

O, I said. Well, I'm already working like 70 hours a week, and I suppose it is not that stressful, but I hope Trey likes bald men because surely I shall lose the remainder of my soon-to-be-cut hair.

One advantage to this that I had not really considered is that for all of those people who feared the prospect of our adopting children and their having Two Daddies, I imagine I shall be working too much to have any deleterious effect upon the children. It will be a bit likc Curious George, they will have a daddy, and then a Man in a Suit who appears occasionally to prepare food and bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home