Saturday, September 05, 2009

Celebrate Labour Day, vote Thatcher!

Like everyone else in creation, I am feeling under the weather, but not because of flu.

Rebecca came over Saturday night and I got some accidentally- well, not ON me, but awfully close. I have never seen someone go from 0- falling down drunk in 5 minutes.

She was fine when we left her house. She was drinking something suspicious looking from a Coke bottle- And you know something, I know WAY too many alcoholics WAY too well to be able to spot the 12 telltale signs of alcoholism without reference. I can't even remember what day it is without consulting my phone, but I can recognise over liquored diet Coke on sight.

That is kinda sad for me, isn't it? But not unexpected.

So then she managed to get falling down drunk on the way here- which is like a 10 minute ride? Depending on which car I'm driving.

I was supposed to go to dinner with her and another friend but being as how she was not really mobile by the time we got here, not so much.

And I can understand and sympathise with alcoholism, but I cannot understand and sympathise with alcoholics who wear 4 inch platform heels. That's just taking bad judgment a little too far.

Also ask me in person for the REST of the story; there was quite a bit more.

Cruella, shouldn't you be helping your friend instead of making fun of her?

Well, I didn't make that much fun of her. Also, I am completely out of the Helping People Who Don't Want to Be Helped Business.

I tried it with Pam; That did not work.

I tried it with Sheridan; that did not work.

I tried it with Trey; that did not work.

Perhaps if people come to me in future and ask me for advice/assistance I can do something, but please remember this was her idea to come over and I'm not chasing her down looking for people to mock. And I have plenty on my plate with helping myself through Business Tax and all the other things I have to do.

Well, fine, Cruella, what else did you do for the Labour Day weekend?

I am still stuck in Bar Fitness Hell but almost done with it, I found some things in Dekalb County that I need and am waiting for them to get those records together and then I'll be done. I'm actually (because I might as well be on crack) excited about the MPRE, it's like a milestone in my almost-done-with-law-school-ness, and then I got one of those fancy smart phones and can take pictures, but I can't figure out yet how to put them on the computer. It hooks to the computer by USB but I can't get the computer to see the phone. I don't understand technology. Y'all I wanted to purchase a case for it, but they didn't have any case that went over the screen, which is the main thing I wanted to protect- so I have done something quite ghetto and am carrying it round in a baggie.

I rather wanted to go to DragonCon- one of these days- but somehow missed out.
O and we went to that restaurant, I think I wrote about that, and then- Alex wouldn't let me tell the story of what ensued (Alex! :( ).

O and I forgot to tell you the Important Question I asked at Sea World! You know how dolphins and manatees are mammals? So they breastfeed their young, right?

Yes, I did go there.

Their nipples are behind their flippers. Betcha didn't know that! And if you did, you have been watching entirely too much Animal Planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home