Monday, October 31, 2005

Saniel Got Married

Saniel got married this weekend, and no one ran away or turned into Bridezilla, so that was good. We would have pictures of it but I still have Trey's digital camera held hostage here at work so he took some pictures with a disposable camera, and will never develop the film. Also he took my Kodak advantix camera and lost it or gave it to someone and I am not happy about this.

Anyway, it was a nice wedding, although I thought it was very short; it probably only lasted about 20 minutes. The last wedding I went to was Tonio and Lupe's wedding in Cerritos and that was much fancier, but then that was a Catholic wedding. This was a Baptist wedding. I think one of the nicest bits was when Daniel included in his vows a vow to support and care for Brittney.

The reception was held at the church, which meant no drinking :( and the food- well, the food cost $6,000 which for 75 people works out to $80 a head. For that, I think you could have taken everyone to the bloody Four Seasons and let them order anything they wanted. They had pasta salad, chicken salad in croissant and pita sandwiches and cheese in little cubes and stuffed mushroom caps - - - well, I think I should become a caterer.

O and then Trey threw a fit for the rest of the afternoon, lasting well into Monday; he was all upset because he wanted to be an alien bride for Halloween, and the thrift store had a wedding dress he really wanted for $47, and he claimed (although I doubt this) that he could have returned it on Monday and gotten his money back. I never heard of any thrift store giving refunds; but he might be right. At any rate, when we went back, it was gone, which occasioned an extended fit. (ha ha, that sounds like a euphemism for "fat", extended fit). I dressed up as Cruella Dearest, which is my nickname anyway, and if you want to know what that looks like too bad as Trey's camera is still being held hostage. I tried to copy the Snow White Witch's costume, with a cape - my costumes are very cape intensive- and a blue dress and a crown, and I wrapped some fabric around my head and put on makeup. It was impressive. I made the cape myself, with a glue gun, while Trey had his fit.

We went to the after party, which was at Sutra Lounge in Midtown and full of East Asians- I think Koreans and Japanese- and I did not drink ANYTHING. I was being Good and a Designated Driver; I did NOT want to spend any money that I did not have and I did NOT want to run the risk of driving even slightly impaired from Midtown. So I had a moderate amount of fun, but not really a whole lot. O and someone's girlfriend was very cheerful. We like her MUCH better than the previous girlfriend, who was about as exciting and fun as, say, watching paint dry. I wanted to leave so that I could go to a HOUSE PARTY and have a good time, and drink a little (maybe a lot) and then stay over at someone's house and not have to worry about driving. Freomi claimed that Lucky (this is really her name, not a euphemism) was having a party and I thought that would be good, we could go have some fun and then stay at Freomi's house. Trey had some more fit. He didn't want to follow them, blah blah blah, why couldn't we stay at Saniel's thing, blah blah blah, and then he had a fit all the way from midtown to Snellville. I got really worn out. We then got all the way to Snellville, and Freomi of course weren't there yet- and so Trey had some more fit- and then when we got to Lucky's house, some girl came to the door and said no everyone had left and/or gone to bed and you can imagine how much more fit that occasioned. He had a competing event he wished to attend, so then we tried to go to that, and nothing was happening there either, so he just had some more fit. Lovely.

What else happened? O I thought of something evil- all of the students at this school have iPods. Those things are expensive! $250! Where do they get that kind of money, and why do they really need such a thing? A portable tape player or CD player would do just as well, don't you think?
Well, I was thinking that when I take it up, I should try to keep it until the end of the term (right now they have to write me a groveling letter to get their iPod back, and if it isn't sufficiently groveling they have to do it again) and then those that forget, I will sell and put the money towards my Grand National fund. Or, to be evil, I could also delete all the songs on their iPods and replace them with Wagner's <>, Maria Callas, Eurythmics, and The Collected Speeches of Margaret Thatcher. They would be, um, SURPRISED.

I really have GOT to do something with this stupid car, we can't get the oil changed in it. I still have a year to pay on it but need to think about a replacement. I had hoped to keep the car longer but the service is so incompetent - - - I dunno. I wish it were possible to get a car that is both interesting to drive and reliable and trouble free. It seems as though every car that is interesting to drive is also trouble-prone and the service is complicated whereas Camrys and Accords are duller than dishwater, and I would be very bored, but also it would be reliable. I wouldn't WANT to keep a car like that for 300,000 miles though. Damn. I definitely, absolutely, positively, am NOT going to buy another Cadillac. I can understand the car was a one-off failure perhaps but the service- no. Perhaps the solution is to have a dull daily car (after all, it took me two hours to get home yesterday. It doesn't matter whether your car is interesting or not just to sit in traffic) and to have an interesting car to actually DRIVE. That would mean I could buy something like a used Corolla or aging Accord and a Grand National. Mmmm. Other cars I am considering are the Ford Freestyle (I LOVE Trey's Taurus wagon) and the Camry Convertible - I loved the previous two convertibles I had.

O and a new exhibit for the Museum of Idiocy: Monday Trey went to Chik-Fil-A. He gets to the window. What do you think he orders? A burger. (for those of you who are unaware of this, Chik-Fil-A's advertising campaign centers entirely around the fact that they do NOT serve any sort of beef product).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home