Thursday, August 02, 2007

Water Sports

So last week we did three intensely water involved things, but I've already forgotten one of them. One of them was I took the kids to White Water, (no now I remember, the third thing was we went to the Aquarium) but White Water was- well, EXPENSIVE. We paid with tax $30 each to get in, and then they charged parking (!?) on top of that, and I was fully prepared for ridiculously priced theme park concessions but Seriously! $9.00 for chicken fingers and fries? And we had to rent a locker for $20 on top of that. I did ride several of the water slides but we waited in the queue for Tornado, then I got a closer look at it and changed my mind. Also I refused to go on the ride that makes you slide straight down or close to it. It was fun, although to tell you the truth I much prefer Malibu Grand Prix. Once a year should suffice. At least we went on a weekday! I do not care to see what it would be like on the weekend, especially after having seen the aquarium.

And the second water related thing I did was drown some rats for a family member who is not myself. I have done this previously, for Freddy, who probably will not mind that I mention him in connection with rats but this other person does not want me to say anything. So I am, in a way, not. This particular family member has a small problem with rodents- and I am very much lying here, this particular family member has a very serious rodent problem- and so this particular family member catches them in one of those Hav-a-Heart type traps and then the problem is they are still alive and have to be, you know, not so alive. There isn't anywhere to release them- wait, I can think of several places- that I wouldn't get in trouble- so the last time the rat was fed D-con and died, but in the meantime while it is in the trap this particular family member wants to give it water because it is suffering.
But you can't do that, I told her. The D-Con works by dehydrating the rat to death.
But it's suffering and looks so thirsty, she says.
You can't work at cross-purposes like that, I point out.
She finally agrees to let me drown the rats. I'm having to beg other people to let me drown their rats. Something is wrong with this- - -
So I did.

And then Sunday we went to the Aquarium because a lady this particular Family Member works with got something called a Citipass which lets you see several attractions, including the aquarium for only $64, but neither of them were interested in seeing the aquarium.

Y'all, I did not know this, but they make you go through SECURITY at the aquarium! Which I did not like at all, and had I not had the free ticket, I would have turned around and gone elsewhere. They don't let you carry matches/lighters into the aquarium because- you're going to set the fish on fire? Or what exactly?

And it was seriously packed. There were just way too many fat people there. I did not go there to see fat people, I went there to look at the fish, which I did not see enough of. Overall, I was disappointed. I might have enjoyed it on a day when there were not so many fat people though, and then the Home Depot had unimaginatively ripped off Finding Nemo and made the orange fish into THEIR mascot, Deepo- Which was sad. I was thinking they should be more along the lines of Barracuda or Hammerhead shark- now that would make sense for Home Depot, the Hammerhead shark or the sawfish or the file fish- but no, it was pathetic.

And full of fat people.

O and next week? Like practically tomorrow? We are going to the Dominican Republic for 8 days and I am already thinking about all of the things I am going to drink while I am there. I already am going to drink Bahama Mamas and Mojitos and Sex on the Beach (you try to make that plural) and Daiquiris. And several other things, as soon as I discover them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home