Thursday, October 15, 2009

Halloween!

Cruella, what are you going to do for Halloween?

Well, I wasn't actually going to do ANYTHING- that should tell you how stressed I am because Y'all know any chance I get to dress up and act the fool- meaning- get drunk and yell at children, and sing, etc., I love beyond anything ever. But I am just all stressed, so I wasn't going to do anything, and then Julio talked me into having a party. Besides, I really want to see "Robin," and probably- definitely- shan't have another chance until God knows when. (Note to "Robin:" That is NOT blasphemous. 'Cos I had told him, well, I would be coming between finals and Bar prep, thinking, Bar prep won't start until January, and then I discovered:

There is no Between Finals and Bar Prep; Bar Prep starts 21st Dec and last day of finals is 16th December. And I'm likely to extend my period of intolerability from oh, let's say NOW until I find a job in Nevember.

Wait, Cruella, what's going on with you looking for a job?

Hi! I have 17 hours! I- have decided there's no point in looking for a job if you either A) die beforehand, and I was thinking, but law school never actually killed anyone, and then I remembered that student got run over by a car and died, and also people have heart attacks and you know that one professor, she may not be dead, but - there might be worse things? and B) if I don't graduate and pass the bar, the whole job thing? Not happening. So, I've rather focused my attentions on the whole not-dying-from-business-tax thing. BTW, I love it when the Code says the OPPOSITE of what it means.

But you have time, Cruella, to -

Shut up. Y'all know I'm on the Cruella diet, right? Gotta have that third C.

Cruella, what are you going to dress as for Halloween? Are you going to reuse one of your fabulously witty costumes, like the Thrift Store or the Masque of the Red Death?

Hmmm. Since I am hosting the party, I have to do more than just be decorative and useless (remember how THAT worked out last year?) and so I need a costume that reflects A) my current interests and B) I can host a party in. Also "Robin" made me promise not to drink if he comes. (This could be a Good Thing.)

It would be very hard to dress up as a Small Block Chevy Twin Turbo Kit. It might be hard to dress as a Text From Last Night- Plan B pill, a bottle of vodka, and puke? (I could end up that way though, but you-know-who is probably not coming in the interest of her good behaviour) so I was thinking about dressing up as a Thing from Regretsy, Like a Yarny Vagina. I could just get an enormous electric torch and wave it around and declare that I'm a Shining Light, as in the Annie Lennox song, or I could think of something else witty.

What about "Robin?"

I really don't know whether he is coming or not. If he does, he will probably want me to wear something skimpy, like he was saying I should be a ballerina (No More I Love You's?)- but I want to be WARM, dammit. That's what I think! It's always cold on Halloween. I was thinking of Baby Jane in the interest of scaring the neighbourhood children, but no one will give me a dead rat.

Cruella, what are you making for Halloween?

Wait, do you mean what do I WANT to make or what will I ACTUALLY make?

I WANT to make punch, of which I can have none, (boo "Robin"), and I will probably make Jell-O shots, and then y'all do realise that I have incredible amounts of school? So Ideally I will make gougeres filled with ham mousse, and something with all that smoked salmon I bought, probably those lollipops (shut up Alex), rumaki is kinda a tradition and easy, those Jalapeno poppers that come from Sam's and maybe? Chicken wings, but the bones are a nuisance, and chocolate Mousse in dixie cups. Maybe ALCOHOLIC Chocolate mousse? Or Chocolate Mousse parfaits that are alcoholic, mmm!

What probably will happen is that I'll have class (seriously! Halloween should be a holiday, especially the day after) and then I'll wind up with those frozen meatballs which are kinda not that great and then serve them with barbecue sauce out of the Crock-pot. Then we'll have drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home