Friday, November 04, 2005

Work news

O look at what one child wrote me this week:


dear mr.thomas,
I am haveing alot of trouble in your class and some of the reasson i think is because u treat me a lil un fiarly.I asked you for help but you said I should have been paying attention. I was paying attention diana just took my pencil from me. I think you should have helped me cause i still do not get some of the activities on the work sheet you gave me.some times what I say what i dont get this you tell me to shut up in french and that dosent make any sense.if i dont get something you should come to my desk and help me.I am not the only one who thinks u treat me a lil un fairly basically the whole class thinks so too. now that color gaurd is over I will probably be going to your help session alot to bring up my grade. I also think that I am a lil distruptive in your class at times and I apoligize for that. but u will seea drastice change in my behaver in class. thank you
from (said child)



Does anyone really wonder why said child is not doing so well in my class? She can't write English. No wonder she has trouble in French. Also it is true that she gets on my nerves, but that is because she comes in and plays, constantly, throughout the entire period. The reason she doesn't understand is because she's playing in class. At least she did "apoligize".

I probably shouldn't be making fun of her, but frankly I ran out of things to write and I thought that those of you who spend your days dealing with moron adults who constantly annoy you for silly things should know how we deal with the people who annoy us. They flunk. Isn't that GREAT? Wouldn't you love to do that?

But of course they also have to not do their work, which makes them flunk, which is likewise annoying. Believe me I do not flunk students, they have to flunk themselves.

We played a game today,, which meant they shrieked bloody murder at each other; it is an easy game to set up and play, and that is good because it was rather a spur-of-the moment activity. Take any book grammatical exercise and divide the class in half - geographically is best - and then let them run up to the board and write the answer. They can't use their books so their teammates have to scream the answers at them. Whichever team gets the answer written on the board correctly first gets a point. (One girl in first period wanted to know what they got if they won, and so a boy told her "respect." She replied she didn't want any respect, and I told her that could certainly be arranged.) Third period claimed to be surprised that they had fun; they complain a lot, so I get snippy, and then they get snippy. Example : "Do you know Mr. Radford? He's a good teacher! " Then I say, "You wouldn't know he was a good teacher, and you wouldn't appreciate him, unless you had me, the bad teacher." Also: "How did you get this job if you don't like kids?" Me: "Because I'm mean, and unfair. (those are things they can say in French.)

O I forgot, I got to see Julio's Lexus last week. It is the biggest Lexus, the LS400. It was nice inside but very SMALL! It was smaller than my car on the inside, and my car is small! It wasn't all THAT spectacular either, I don't see why they cost what they did/do new. Hmmph. The DeVille is larger, and more comfortable, but then I've had such a bad experience with Cadillac- - -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home